Thursday, June 27, 2013

Stable night

We had an uneventful night and managed to get more rest, which was helpful.  Today will be a big day for all of us.  Aaron's levels have stayed pretty much the same all night--no improvements, no turns for the worse.  He hasn't peed yet, though, which is worrisome, and I'm not sure how his bowel looks now because I think the doctors will examine him more closely a little later this morning.  Those are the two major things that need to show improvement today, along with some labs such as lactic acid.

Dan went to visit him last, because I was feeling a little unstable physically (a little chilly after drinking some cold water and pumping--I think that because I'm still trying to heal from the C-section, my body had just been overtaxed in many ways, but I feel much better this morning and don't feel like I'm coming down with a virus or anything like that).  He held Aaron's hand for a while, and also played him a video of Alison playing a song on the piano that she made up the other day.  It's a pretty song that feels like it will become "Aaron's Song".  Dan said he didn't protest.

We truly feel all of the love and support coming from all of you reading this, and it has helped lift our spirits immensely to read/hear all of your messages.  We are very blessed.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hugs hugs hugs to you all.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Our prayers go out to all of you, best wishes.

Terry Kuhlmann said...

We are continuing to pray and send love to you all.

Meghan said...

So glad he is continuing to fight. We are thinking of you all!