Monday, March 2, 2009

Canadian adventure

So before you blog-stalkers out there make fun of me (as my husband just did) for posting so many repetitive pictures of Alison in her stroller, here is my defense: when I travel by myself, I can't take pictures unless she's not in my arms!

Alison was an amazing traveler. I'm much less apprehensive about taking her to Chicago and Hawaii this spring to visit both grandparents!

Also, two more developmental milestones that we had fun with this week: 1) she rolled over from back to front (finally!) and is getting much more squirmy and mobile and 2) she is having conversations with us now! When we were in the hotel room on Saturday, here is a transcript of our conversation first thing in the morning:

Alison: Aaah!
Me: Aaah!
Alison: Aaah!
Me: Aaah!
Alison: Aaah!
Me: Aaah!
Alison: Aaah!
Me: Aaah!
Alison: Aaah!

Me (needing a change): Baah!
Alison (after looking at me and thinking it over): A-bah bah
Me (caught off-guard, realizing that she changed): Baah! Baah!
Alison: Bah-bah-bah

Me (pressing my luck): Maah!
Alison (after another pause): A-mah mah mah
Me (laughing now with disbelief): Mah mah!
Alison: Mah-mah-mah

Then on Sunday morning she did it for her daddy too. It's so much fun now that she's starting to communicate and chat with us!

Now, may we present
Mississauga Girl: The Travel Stroller Journey To Canada and Back


Um...could someone please get my suitcase? I'm kinda busy here...

I need to concentrate and make sure I don't miss any chewable spots.

Like this one--I almost missed it!

Mmmm...

Uh oh, I think it's stuck in my teeth.

Wait a second, I barely HAVE any teeth!

I'm funny...

This traveling thing is a piece o' cake.

This stroller is quite plush too!

All in all, I really couldn't be happier.

I have no idea where we are now, but I have to say I kinda like it.

Still got my favorite book...

Hey Mom, did you know they have all the pictures from the book on the back?
I never noticed that before.

Mom, did you bring anything else to chew on?

Never mind.

Oh great, I fall asleep for a second and NOW where are we??
(in an airport elevator)

Is this it? THIS is what all the fuss was about?

Well, okay, at least I get to meet Uncle Sean!

And Uncle Rick!

And stay in a hotel!

And go out to lunch!

And see Mommy's show!
(not really)

And play on Mommy's bed!

And look at myself in the mirror made for people in strollers (finally!)!

And...that's enough. Can we go home now?

Oh Uncle Sean, you're so fun, please don't go!

We are forever connected...I'll miss you!

2 comments:

Connie said...

Ahhhh, so good to see the pics! It makes my entire day better to see her cute face!

M said...

Nothing wrong with stroller pictures! And your captions are hilarious. I always enjoy them. Alison is getting so big and (has always been) so cute!