Saturday, June 27, 2009

Catching Up Part III: Waianae


First stop: Grandma and Grandpa's house!!

We had a great first week relaxing, figuring out the new time zone, eating yummy food, basking in the sun and ocean breeze, and playing with the GP's (abbreviation for Grandparents from now on)!

First, here are some pictures of the scenery around the house:


This is what lies behind their backyard. No joke.

This is the view from the backyard. No joke.

This is the view from the side yard.

Elephant leg tree--coolest tree I've ever seen!

Beautiful torch ginger

Assorted tropical plants

Young coconuts

Young "apple bananas"
(smaller and sweeter than regular bananas = YUMMM!)

Papay-ewwwww!

Hmm, I think I like it here!

Dancing with Grandpa

Yup, I definitely like it here.

I wonder how this green stuff tastes
(well, I wonder how everything tastes).

Whoa...I'm not so sure about this contraption...

Well, it's not sooooo bad.

Yeah, I could get used to this.

Hawaiian rainbow at Makaha Beach

Alison's first beach visit (not a bad one to start with!)

Alison's first beach meditation

Why does the water keep coming over here?

Enjoying her first live nursery rhyme concert

and her first shoulder ride!


More to come tomorrow--gotta go to bed!

2 comments:

Connie said...

i feel relaxed just looking at the pictures --

M said...

I think I have grandparent envy. What a view!