Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What's a Birthday?

This is Alison (Al or Ali to some of you). I had a great birthday today! What's a birthday? My parents were really busy working today but some of my good friends came over and brought me pretty paper and tape and bows and bags to play with. Mom and Dad managed to give me something to eat a couple times and we read my favorite books, but I keep hearing about this other thing called cake that goes with birthdays. What's cake? What's a birthday? Then they tried to stick the bows on my head and I didn't like that very much. Who would, really? What's a bow? And then they tried to take pictures, but I was so tired by that point...what were they thinking? What's a point? I mean, what am I, a smile machine? At least I got a bath. I like baths. I know what a bath is. After that they tried to take more pictures. I kept my head down, stuck my thumb in my mouth, and squirmed as much as possible. At last they gave up and put the camera down. So then I smiled a lot. That was funny. To me. What's funny?


Parents' note: It was not very funny.
Parents' note #2: Last year at 7:18pm a tiny, slightly gray, crying baby girl with a little black fur on her head and weighing 8 lbs. was put into our arms. This year at 7:18pm we were picking rice out of the thigh folds of a crawling, chattering, 25 lb. little girl with a ponytail and eight teeth. Wow.

No comments: